BCBC’s Temporary Church Service Guidelines
Because we are dealing with the Covid-19 situation in our country, we as a church are trying to honor the recommendations of government to help the country through this spreading illness. Therefore we are implementing the following protocol for our public services. (If you feel ill, please watch online at home until you know you are fine.)
Although it is regretful to be following temporary precautionary means, it is important that we do so at this time. None of us can really tell whether or not we have in some way been exposed, so let’s think of others, realizing we could potentially transfer the virus. Adjustments will be made as they are appropriate and practical.
Please do not let the abnormal precautionary guidelines spoil our atmosphere of love for each other, joy in the Lord, and fellowship in the House of God.
- We will try to observe 6’ distancing guidelines with head-nods not hand-shakes for the time being, please.
- Pews in the auditorium are marked with tape where we can sit, observing the 6’ distancing.
- Please do not congregate in the vestibule or hallways, so people can pass by without getting too close.
- Mask wearing is certainly understandable and entirely up to each individual.
- With no Nursery provided for the services temporarily, parents with children are encouraged to sit nearer to the back of the auditorium. During the service, if your children are not quiet, thinking of others, please quietly take them out into the hallway near the nursery. There is a speaker there through which the message may continue to be heard, and there are benches on which to sit in that hallway.
- During the service, if you are in the hallway with your child, please do not engage in continuing conversation with others, so the message can be heard and the sound of your voices won’t be heard by people in the auditorium.
- If we move the Sunday service into the gymnasium, the above guidelines still apply, and the chairs will be set up with adequate spacing in mind, and tape will not be necessary.
- If you are fellowshipping before and after the service, please keep the distancing in mind and allow space for others to walk by.
- Feel free to use the hand sanitizers located in the hallways near each entrance in the church.
- If you did not bring a mask and would like to use one, please help yourself to one. located near the entry doors.
- Rooms that are not open are not open for use. Please respect that.
- We will sanitize the building between services, and the less things our hands touch the less likely we are to spread the virus.
- Offerings may be placed in an offering box outside the auditorium.
God Bless you all as we continue to be salt and light in this dark day.
Philippians 2:15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;